Children’s feet are not simply little adult’s feet – they have a unique developmental pattern of their own. A check-up with your podiatrist is recommended if:
- You notice uneven shoe wear
- You notice any skin rashes, hard skin, lumps or bumps on the feet.
- Your child complains of recurrent pain in the feet or legs
- Your child is constantly tripping and falling,
- You have any other cocerns about your children’s feet
- Your child plays sports eg. football, basketball or soccer etc.
They may suffer from common problems such as:
- Flat feet
- Feet turning inwards and outwards
- Abnormally shaped toes
- Heel pain
- Knee pain
- Sever’s Disease
Most children’s foot problems can be satisfactorily resolved via the use of a number of different modalities including:
- Joint mobilisation
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Myotherapy / corrective exercise.